Due to the constantly changing situation regarding COVID-19 we have decided to update the section of our Terms & Conditions relating to deposit and balance payments to give everyone extra peace of mind. These will supersede the existing conditions and our full terms and conditions still apply, unless otherwise specifically stated.
From 10th September we will be halving the deposit amount to just £100pp for all new bookings and the final balance will be due 4 weeks prior to your arrival rather than 8 weeks. This new balancing payment date will apply to all bookings regardless of booking date.
If you wish to cancel for any reason other than those stated below we will retain £100 to cover costs already incurred and unrecoverable committed future costs.
If you wish to cancel for one of the following permitted reasons you will receive a voucher for the full monetary amount you have already paid (so no admin fee) which will be valid on all bookings until April 2022. This applies to ALL bookings including those where the final balance has been paid.
Acceptable reasons for cancellation are:
> Official Nationwide Travel bans from your country of origin to France or your incoming airport outside of France (Geneva, Milan etc.) which includes the dates of your stay up to the day of arrival.
> Resort / Full ski area closure which includes the dates of your stay up to the day of arrival.
>National lockdown of France preventing travel from your country of origin which includes the dates of your stay up to the day of arrival.
If Alpoholics cancel your holiday you will be entitled to either a monetary refund of the full amount paid to Alpoholics or vouchers worth 120% of that value to be used before April 2022 on a single booking (group/individual).
1. What happens if I need to isolate prior to my holiday or cannot come due to myself or a travelling partner/loved one contracting COVID-19? Alpoholics will not be liable to issue any refund in this instance but there are various travel insurance policies that can cover you for this.
2. What happens if I’ve decided I don’t want to travel after I’ve paid my full balance but there is no travel ban or anything else in place that specifically prevents me from travelling on my intended date? You can try and find someone else to take your place to mitigate your costs. If it is health related, then, again, there are insurance policies that will cover this. Alpoholics will not be liable for any refund in this instance as the provision of the service will still be possible.
3. What happens if something happens mid-stay, such as resort closure due to COVID-19 or a travel ban comes into force? We will offer you a monetary voucher for the number of unused nights calculated on a pro-rata basis if the resort closes (ski area etc.) . If we have to cancel your stay and instruct you to leave then we will refund you the entirety of any monies paid directly to Alpoholics for any unused nights on a pro rata basis. This includes ski hire and lift passes purchased through Alpoholics.
4. What happens if I paid £200 deposit and want to cancel for my own reasons? We will refund you £100 and retain £100 to offset our cost. If you are part of a group you’ll have to find replacements or have the rest of the group cover the difference (minus the £100 which we’ll return to you) or accept the per person price as opposed to any discounted group price. We will then attempt to sell the newly available remaining beds in the chalet on the open market.
5. What if I’m part of a group, and don’t want to come? If you cannot find a replacement, then the group has the option to absorb the extra cost (minus the £100 which we’ll return to you) or revert to booking the chalet per room at the per person price stated above and on our website
6. What if the future situation is unclear when I come to pay my final balance? As a group you can decide to forfeit your deposit, alternatively you can go ahead and pay your balance. You will receive a monetary voucher should you then need to cancel for any of the aforementioned permitted reasons. If Alpoholics needs to cancel you will be entitled to either a full monetary refund or vouchers worth 120% of the accommodation value to be used before April 2022.
7. I’ve already booked and paid a £200 deposit, what does this mean for me? Nothing different! Your final balance will be due just 4 weeks prior to your holiday instead of 8 weeks, and if you decide to cancel outside of the permitted reasons you will forfeit only £100 instead of £200.
8. Why are you retaining £100 if I cancel? This will be used to offset costs already incurred from the moment you book your holiday such as processing fees, staff wages, advertising, admin fees and further costs associated with re-filling the beds or chalet.
9. If there is a travel ban or a lockdown that covers the dates of my stay then surely Alpoholics should be the ones to cancel and refund me? We will only cancel your holiday if it becomes clear that we are no longer able to provide the service you have paid for. If there is a travel ban from the UK this does not make this the case and if there is a French lockdown and/or a closure of the ski area this does not mean that all accommodation will be ordered to close as was exactly the case in March and April. It is therefore a gesture of goodwill on our part to offer you vouchers for a future stay as the last thing we want is for you to be out of pocket. At the same time we will have already incurred considerable costs by this point so offering vouchers is the only option from a business perspective.
If you have further questions please contact us at email@example.com.