News28th July 2021
We’re Hiring; The Mountains Are Calling You!
If Producing Top Quality Food While Living In The Mountains Sounds Like Your Cup Of Hot Chocolate Then You’ve Come To The Right Place!
Have you ever considered working a ski season? Do you want to become an Alpoholic? If you like the idea of hitting the slopes during your time off, having a job with great benefits and want to spend your Winter in the mountains then we want to hear from you!
We pride ourselves on not only being different to our guests but also to our staff! In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with great rates of pay, nice staff accommodation and treats from our many sponsors! Check out what our current staff have to say about working for us.
“I’ve worked for several other Chalet companies and Alpoholics trumps them all. Nice accommodation, a good pay cheque and you feel like a valued member of the team. Not to mention the sponsor perks!” Jenni Deakin, Chalet Host.
If you think you’re hard working, enthusiastic, with an attitude to go above and beyond ensuring your guests have the best week of their lives then drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your CV and cover letter.
Why not check out our article on the lifestyle of a seasonnaire and feel inspired!
Chalet Chef Brief Job Description:
- Create and plan weekly tailor-made menus in conjunction with your particular guests’ tastes, dietary requirements and available ingredients.
- Prepare aperitifs and canapés on arrival day.
- Provide a full continental breakfast as well as a varying ‘hot option’ (six days per week.)
- Provide children’s dinner if and when appropriate.
- Create a three-course evening meal with cheese board (six days per week.)
- Maintain weekly budgets and ensure all receipts are submitted in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that your chalet kitchen is always clean and tidy.
- Assist in keeping your chalet clean and tidy at all times and creating a warm and friendly environment for guests. We’re a team here at Alpoholics so be prepared to step out of the kitchen when needed!
We’re also on the look out for Chalet Hosts..
you will be assisting the chefs, making cakes, talking to guests and keeping the chalets clean and sparkling!
All Applicants Must:
- Have extensive previous hospitality experience
- Chefs must have extensive experience/qualifications
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Good self-motivation
- Organised and pro-active, with high level of job flexibility
- Excellent time keeping and reliability
- Experience within a customer service industry
- Friendly & outgoing
- Be willing to work hard and play hard throughout a tough winter season
- Have a keen interest in people – you will have daily interaction with our guests and play a huge part in making our guests’ holiday so we’re after a sociable personality who will enjoy getting to know new guests every week.
Not Essential But Preferred:
- An Avid skier/ snowboarder
- Full & Clean UK driving licence
- Be tech savy (our chalets are packed with fun gadgets)
We are now fully recruited for the 21/22 Winter season. Thank you for your interest.